Lighting Install Services
However, a lot of homeowners tend to overlook the importance of setting up a good lighting system. Whilst it is tempting to just install a single source of light in all areas of your home, it does not often meet your needs. This is because different types of lighting are available, and each type has a particular function that fulfils specific needs.
Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Vs. Other Types of Lighting
- Incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, halogen and LED are some of the most common types of light bulbs or lighting. Among them, LED lighting is gaining attention because of its energy efficiency. It can produce better light with less energy.
- A LED bulb is made of multiple diodes that produce the needed amount of light. In this semiconductor device, the electricity is applied to the diode with negative charge. As a result, the electrons flow, and the photons are released. Light is emitted from the diode due to the combination of photons.
- Why should you upgrade your lighting to LED type? Here are some of the benefits:
- energy saving (lower current draw leads to lower electricity bills),
- longer life, which leads to cost saving through not having to repair/replace,
- better lighting ambience and
- capability to select different lux levels.